Sunday 9 January 2011

Maui

I loved Maui. I must say that. Maui is so different from O'ahu. It's much more rural, seems to be more farming, less industrial (which is a good thing!). I loved that Maui doesn't have a freeway. It was amazing how little traffic they have there. I know it is well populated, but traffic wasn't even an issue. 

We stopped along the way and it is whale season, we pulled into a look out on the way back from Lahiana and you could see the Humpback Whales breaching... it was a sight worth seeing. I took some pics, but I don't have the best zoom for that sort of thing on my camera.

We drove the Hana Highway, which was a long drive. It wasn't the greatest, but I'm glad that I did it. Took about 5 hours round trip. 

In Hana


View of a town along the Hana Hwy.

Part of the Hana Hwy

Cows.

Windsurfers


Whale breath



No comments:

Post a Comment