Sunday 20 March 2011

Jump! by Jilly Cooper

OK... I just have to write this down and let the world know how much I am in love with the very first page of this book. Best line I've read in a while, and I only just opened the book. On a side note, I absolutely love Jilly Cooper books, something about her I just love. Just remember this line was written by someone born in the 30s.

OK the line I'm talking about can be found on: Chapter One, Page One, paragraph 5. It is written as such:

"If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I have to go and fuck my secretary."

This is said in the middle of a meeting. Isn't that just the most amazing thing you've ever read?! Or at least visualised. This man of 60 I assume, as it says he has been married for 45 years, gets up in the middle of a meeting and says... THAT!!! (wishing I could draw an arrow)

Its funny and entertaining to me and really, that is all that matters. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment