Friday 25 February 2011

Austin, Texas

Well... Today B & I drove to Austin to go see the State Capital, which I have only ever driven by before about 8 years ago. So we drove down to Austin and we drove straight past it again. Literally 1 second of viewing time. I wanted to take pictures and a whole bunch of stuff, but then we got lost. So we eventually found our way back to the interstate/freeway and decided to not try and figure that out again! (I've decided I'll take a bus tour or something over to Austin at some point in time.)

So we ended up going to a strip mall type thing as B has been looking for some shoes, which we found. We also stumbled across a Borders which is closing down :-( . So B and I decided to go to the bookstore where I purchased a book by Bill Bryson called "A Walk In The Woods"; I just got done with the book "In a Sunburnt Country"; which Yes Mum was hilarious! I laughed so hard at the wheelbarrow bit. So I got a new book for 30% off which was pretty awesome.

Then after the book store we decide that we should eat lunch before driving back to Houston, so we go to some Italian restaurant which in my opinion was terrible. I ordered soup and a small main. The soup I ordered was Minestrone which they put lima beans in... Yes I said LIMA beans. It calls for kidney beans if I recall correctly. So I had a soup with the wrong beans in it... My small main was angel hair pasta with artichokes. It was OK. It really wasn't that great! It had no form of sauce on it. Shouldn't it have come with at least a garlic sauce?!

We finally made it back to Houston where we stopped at the grocery store to get some food for dinner. Tomorrow we are going to venture to the new and improved Houston Zoo. They apparently have some new African Safari part.

No comments:

Post a Comment