Tuesday 21 September 2010

Another Spider Dream

I had another awful spider/tarantula dream. I wrote about another dream I had recently which had spiders, but I understood what that one meant. This one was very different from the others and I have no idea what it means.

OK... I dreamt that someone I've never met before and his wife came by to my house, but it was a house I've never been in, and the husband brought his tarantula. This wasn't a typical brown tarantula, it was black with white, and disgustingly big and hairy! At the end of the dream he said it was French, I don't know if France has tarantulas, let alone ones that look like this one. Anyhow... the spider was kept in a glass tank, like a fish tank that had a handle on the top so he could carry it around but the top was open with a stick the spider could walk up and down, and the husband took this everywhere. He would take the spider out and carry it around on his hand and pet and play with it. He asked me if I wanted to hold it and I said "NO!". He left the room as I was sitting at my desk with work to do, and when I closed the door he put the spider on the floor outside the door, under the door was about an inch gap, and the spider walked in. I got up and ran away, but that sucker was FAST... he followed me outside, jumping up trying to land on me, but I kept running and I ended up heading back to my office where I had left a candle burning. I had lost the spider, so I sat down and went back to work. The little bugger had found me and when he jumped he was coming straight for me, I got up to back away, and he jumped through the flame and was ignited. He ended up being burnt to death... I was NOT saving it! I had to tell the husband his spider committed suicide, and that is how I said it to him. He then got up and started saying something about "stupid French thing", I'm not exactly certain on that, but I'm not sure its important for my interpretation. He then showed me the pile of what was left of the spider which was a round white sticky ball, which after being burned made no sense, but whatever. I then left the house and ended up walking through knee deep greenery. I then woke up.

I'm not entirely sure what to think (I know it reads crazy), I don't know if it means, I'm going to meet someone I don't particularly want to meet and things aren't going to work out with our friendship. That someone I know who is clingy, if our friendship is going to crash and burn. Or the worst one is that someone is going to die. That they are literally going to crash and burn, and the clingy spider is just the way of the person. It really didn't seem or feel like the spider wanted to hurt me, more like it just wanted to be friends with me, but I was too scared to allow it. The way it died feels symbolic to me for some reason.

Usually when I dream of the spiders there are 3, and each spider represents something, this one was so different! It didn't try to bite me, it didn't web me, it just wanted to jump on me to "hang out". But every time I dream of spiders it refers to a relationship, and a decision I have to make. This one the decision seems to already have been made. Like I don't have a choice in the situation. Thats why it felt like someone might die, because there is nothing I can do to help.

Hopefully I'll figure it out soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment