Wednesday 25 August 2010

Angry & Hurt & Slightly Amused

Angry & Hurt... its quite the combination! To conflicting emotions that turn into... for me... rage! That or being completely irate at the person for causing these 2 emotions.

Angry...
I am so friggin' angry at my mother for her decision to sell a house that has been in our family for 100 years. It has never been in another families hands until the sale goes through. I know its just a house, but it is a house with so many good memories from my childhood, prior to the divorce of 1991.

Hurt...
I am unbelievably hurt by my mothers callousness of her inability to inform me the decision to sell the house. Its been on the market for 2-3 weeks now and I found out yesterday, YESTERDAY. My dad was the one to inform me, not her; they've been divorced for 20 years almost! Can you say COWARD?!

Reason for telling me:
My dad was the one to inform me of this because my brother Stuart had been speaking to our mother that morning and she asked if dad had spoken to me. The conversation probably went something like this:
M: Has your dad spoken to Ashley?
S: I don't know. Why?
M: I'm just wondering if anyone has told her.
END COVO.

My brothers conversation with our dad:
S: Have you spoken to Ashley?
D: No, I've been meaning to... Why?
S: Mum wanted to know.
D: Why?
S: Has anyone told her about the house?
D: Ah... I don't know.

-- strange how we always question WHY in my family.

So my dad calls me and we were having a pleasent conversation discussing travel plans and towards the end he asks if I've spoken to her... It goes something like this:
D: Have you heard from your mother?
A: No, I haven't spoken to her in a couple of weeks. Why?
D: She put the house up for sale.
A: *Cursing my ass off* I'm sorry could you repeat that?
D: Shes selling the house!
A: Why are you telling me this and not her?...

Then my dad and I get onto the topic of how my mother is scared to tell me herself. I guess because out of the 3 of us (myself and 2 brothers) I'm the only one thats never yelled at them. That would be wrong! Now I understand the choice is hers to sell her property but it would have been real nice for her to have called me and spoken to me about it when the decision had been made. But NO! She didn't do that! SO typical of her, always making decisions that benefit her, which is her right, but never taking in the feelings of others. Or how it will hurt to find out weeks later. -- -- Its like when I found out my Nana died, who I wasn't close to, I found out a week after the funeral on my birthday.
Its strange my mother waited for someone else to tell me because she thought it'd be easier for her?! No it won't be easier... things are going to get much worse! I won't be paid off... I'm not going to fall for materialistic bullsh** things, just to appease her! Anyways... I've ranted enough about that and I'm still P.O'd but I do feel a little better. Now to why I'm slightly amused.

Amused...
Well to the end the conversation after my dad dropped the bomb went something like this:
A: I'm so P.O'd at her!
D: Well Ashley, now that I've made you so happy I have to go.
A: Ah... You're kidding right?! *laughing*
D: No... I have things to do at the bowlo.
A: Oh, OK. Thanks for telling me the wonderful news... appreciate it.

Then we went to love yous and bye.

Now I will get over this, but knowing me its not going to be over night. This is going to take years. It took me 10years to get over the last thing she did and that was 9 years ago. I would've been better off finding this out once the place had been sold. Because this is going to cause arguments while the problem can be resolved. Once its sold, there would be no point in arguing as the problem would be unsolvable.

No comments:

Post a Comment